Your department & challenge
Insurance Investment Accounting (IIA) is responsible for the investment accounting of the proprietary assets managed by NN IP. This includes the full financial accounting and reporting for the investment portfolios of the NN Insurance companies in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain and Greece, and Romania. All accounting and reporting activities have to apply to internal (clients, group) and external (supervisor) requirements. IIA consists of 3 teams: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Business Change and is spread over 2 locations.
In the fast changing environment, the department has to act as a partner in business by being able to analyse and - if required - quickly implement new investment product strategies, or any other changes resulting from requirements of both internal and external clients. Moreover, the department has to be able to react (monitor – interpret – implement) on new requirements of the external supervisors (among others changes in IFRS, Solvency II).
Business change team is implementing changes in context of Financial and Management Accounting. Depending on the requirements, the business change team is working closely with other departments of the Investment Management value chain.
Your main responsibilities
Participation in change initiatives and projects - interpretation and implementation of the changes in context of the insurance investment accounting according IFRS, SII and other regulatory frameworks:
- Collect and document implementation requirements for the Insurance Investment Accounting and other related value chain processes (typical changes are a. o. new strategies and instruments, new mandates, new regulatory requirements)
- Propose solution alternatives and design of the chosen solution (feasibility and problem analysis)
- Implement the solution in the most efficient way for both NN IP and the client (e.g. new instruments implementation, new accounting rules, portfolios etc.)
- Partner in business for portfolio management and the client - advising, supporting and participating on implementation of the accounting and reporting treatment of specific instruments, investment strategies and transactions
- Monitor (inter)national developments in a. o. requirements that are relevant for NN IP financial reporting to the supervisors (IFRS, Solvency II QRT reporting to EIOPA)
- Translating these developments into the policies and practical implementation guidelines of NN IP IIA
- Advising, supporting and participation in applying and implementing such policies within NN IP
- Maintain Control framework IIA; pro-actively suggest and implement improvements in the current processes to increase quality and efficiency
Your experience and skills
We are looking for an ambitious professional to reinforce the Business Change team of Insurance Investment Accounting (further IIA) at NN Investment Partners (further NN IP).
We are looking for a combination of financial accounting & reporting skills, (accounting) system knowledge and strong analytical qualities (problem, data related).
You have a strong knowledge of IFRS accounting and reporting and other regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. asset related EIOPA Solvency II). You know how to implement the accounting set-up in the system(s). Knowledge of the accounting platform (SimCorp Dimension) is a strong advantage.
Are you ready to work in dynamic and diverse change area, implementing requirements from both internal and external clients and stakeholders such as new IFRS rules, instruments and investment strategies?
If you recognize yourself in this profile, then we have just the right position for you!
- Preferably an University degree in economics or accounting qualification as a registered accountant/auditor
- > 3 years of experience in IFRS financial accounting & reporting or supervisory reporting in the financial industry (asset management) is a must; preferred is an experience in the insurance asset accounting , Solvency II QRT reporting experience is nice to have
- Deep knowledge of Financial instruments, especially derivatives and constructions from IFRS accounting point of view (e.g. hedge accounting)
- Fluency in spoken and written English, very good verbal and written communication skills, Dutch is a plus
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems and/or Asset Management Systems (e.g. SimCorp Dimension) is an advantage
- A team player with a flexible attitude, no 9 – 5 mentality
- Fast learner, both content and systems
- Analytical skills – interpreting the regulations, problem analysis and structured approach
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Pro-active, pragmatic and result oriented – can do, thinking in solutions
- Good explanatory / communication skills and stress resistance
We offer you
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the opportunity to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development
- Working location The Hague
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Elise Kapper, Senior Recruiter via email@example.com or +31 (0) 70 37 81 136.
Third party applications are not accepted.