NN is looking for an ambitious DevOps Infra engineer within the Managed and controlled devices team.
- Based on the sprint planning you are able to analyze, customize, test, implement and administer new developments and operational issues. You are a sparring partner for the Product Owner and contribute to the roadmap planning and sprint planning;
- You are contributing to the sprint results covering new developments in co-operation with our partners and with other teams and are involved in solving operational issues within the office communications services;
- You participate in the meeting as part of the implemented agile DEVOPS way of working and report on progress and impediments on a daily basis to the team. You are able to define user stories. You will support the implementation of the new DevOps Way of Working;
- You take part or guide operational meetings with the internal and external suppliers of the product lines that are the sole responsibility of the team;
- You are an enthusiastic engineer who coaches and trains your colleagues to grow and collaborate.
This job family is used in the context of agile DevOps teams, who together have the skills necessary to define, build and test increments of value in a short time box (Change) and manage the application in the live-phase (Run). The product line consists of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016, Microsoft Direct Access, Pulse VPN, Microsoft SCCM 2012, Intune. Within the context of the DEVOPS operations you work close together with the providers for the backend of the remote access and SCCM solutions and the internal Office 365 and File and VDI infrastructure teams within the Work Place Services department.
You are an end user-oriented engineer with proven experience in ICT Infrastructure and competent engineering skills. You are responsible for defining, developing and managing the end-to-end workplace services as provided by the Managed and controlled devices team together with your multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team.
In order to fulfil your mission, you draw on your deep technical understanding of the workplace services industry. You understand the technology on which this industry is based on and develops to. You work in a DevOps way, closely aligning with other engineers in your team.
Align with stakeholders on operational services
- Actively take ownership of operational issues, solve the issues or guide the resolution with the external partners
- Communicate with stakeholders and client groups about the operational service levels of the team
Deliver full infrastructure services to the consumer
- Introduce, integrate and migrate to new workplace technologies for the international NN organization, upfront of market trends
- Maintain the lifecycle of the Managed and controlled devices product lines, introduction of new features, and guiding end-users in their transition
- Design and implement procedures and processes that are required for the life cycle management of the Managed and controlled devices product lines.
- Act as ambassador of the service to the end-users
Apply and improve DevOps way of working
- Introduce and develop Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions for the Managed and Controlled Devices products
- Write clear user stories which are understood by the team and derived from consumer needs
- Define quality standards and “Definition of Done” (“DoD”)
- Continuously improve yourself, your team and the services of your team
- Coach members of your team
- Intellectual IT ability Bachelor's degree;
- Experience in engineering as an DevOps Engineer in the workplace services industry;
- Knowledge of workplace services products and the market: Microsoft products like Windows 10 and Office 2016, SCCM, Intune and Direct Access;
- Track record of delivering workplace services products to end users;
- Experience with developing and implementing automation in a workplace environment;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- Proven contribution to the workplace industry in the form of publications or previous experience speaking at congresses is a pre.
The Workplace Solutions department provides all end-user related facilities for NN Group. Facilities range from laptops/desktops, end-user application, e-mail, instant messaging, file, print, telecommunication services, etc. The services are provided to all end users within NN Group and an external group of users (Tied Agents). A total of around 25.000 users are using the workplace services on a daily basis.
The Managed and Controlled Devices team is end -to-end responsible for all equipment and services involved in the workplace provided to the NN staff. Amongst these are the Windows 7 and 10 build, the laptops and desktops that need to be certified and tested, the remote access solution, the Office 2016 client. This is a cutting edge engineering team which focusses on automation and delivery of innovative new end-user features and systems.
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Opportunity to play an important role in driving change within our business;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself;
- A company with the ambition to grow the engineer culture and invest into latest technology;
- 36-40 hour workweek;
- Work location is The Hague;
- A position in job grade 10, grading depends on knowledge and experience;
- A one- year contract.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please contact Wilco Jansen, phone number +31 6 11248089, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Anouk Mastwijk on 070- 513 1336.
More information about our application process can be found here.