NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Risk Analyst - Modelling at NN?
As Risk Analyst, you’ll be part of the Financial & Insurance Risk Management team that is responsible for managing the risks inherent to NN’s insurance business. More specifically, you would be part of the Modelling & Process innovation team whose mission is to ensure that NN has appropriate cash flow models & assumptions in place to support the valuation & risk assessments performed across various exercises (Solvency II, IFRS17, pricing, stress testing,..).
In your role you will be
- building & maintaining the actuarial tool kit, from the actuarial cash flow model to the R scripts used in the assumption setting process.
- driving the data management & analysis within the risk team
- supporting the reporting teams in ensuring their process run efficiently & correctly
- you are working in close collaboration with various other teams (liability valuation team, value creation team, capital management team, etc.).
What this role can offer you
- An exponential learning curve as you will be part of a team of experts happy to mentor and share their knowledge and keen at receiving new ideas and support in their analysis
- Space to grow in the function and progressively (at your pace) work closely with senior and top management by reporting directly to them about new insights from experience analysis and clarifying the impact of changes to the valuation process
- A wide scope of topics giving you a good understanding of the valuation of a life insurance contract through the underling policy behaviour, the contractual pricing, portfolio dynamics and risks.
What do you have to offer as Risk Analyst - Modelling?
The main qualities we are looking for in our team are curiosity and willingness to learn. The following assets will ensure the collaboration runs smoothly:
- A university degree in a quantitative subject (economics, mathematics, physics, actuarial or engineering sciences)
- A good understanding of life insurance
- You like algorithmics and like developing macros for automating processes. You are not afraid of discovering new systems and software’s
- Experience with statistical analysis for customer behaviour modelling (R), data modelling / analysis (Python / PowerBi) and/or Actuarial Cash Flow modelling (AFM / RNA Financial modeller) is a plus
- You speak and write fluent English, with a good knowledge Dutch or French
- You have 3-5 years’ experience at an insurance or financial firm
Although numbers excite you, going through financials all day will not be enough. The work you will be doing requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal addition to the team will be a supportive and assertive person who has good communication skills. You enjoy helping other people and your own curiosity does not prevent you from asking for help yourself and so expand your knowledge.
Want to use your talent and drive to help keep insurance risks in check? Do you also have the aspiration to work with colleagues on a group level to achieve the best results? Then you’re the person we’re looking for!
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.