NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Team Leader Modelling & Process innovation at NN?
As Team Leader, you will be part of the Financial & Insurance Risk Management team, which is responsible for managing the risks inherent to NN’s insurance business. The team you will join focuses on the modelling of ‘Liability cashflows’ and ‘customer behaviour’ (decay, death and disability). They model these risks and ensure that they reflect the future with sufficient accuracy to enable strong financial planning.
- As a team leader, you will provide direction for a team of highly motivated specialists, with the focus on working together proactively and optimising processes. Your management methods will contribute to the growth of the team, both individually and as a group.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the team.
- You will assess ways of working and advise and improve methods by making an active contribution to improvement projects.
- You will share your expertise with your team and encourage them to grow and develop. You will develop the objectives of the strategy for the Modelling & Process Innovation team. Based on this vision, you will develop and coach the team to achieve these objectives.
- In conjunction with your team you will advise NN’s senior management by reporting to them about opportunities for improving the processes and models, as well as by implementing further forecasting refinements.
- You will monitor the regulations and standards that apply in the sector, in particular Solvency II, IFRS, Belgian GAAP, etc. Your advice about the impact they have on our activities will be used to provide direction to further refinements in the team and in the business strategy.
- You will work regularly with various departments within NN Belgium, such as Actuarial Reporting and Finance & Pricing, as well as internationally with colleagues from NN Group.
What do you have to offer as Team Leader Modelling & Process innovation ?
You will provide a blend of managerial skills and expertise. You will direct a team of experts, enabling them to grow further. You will gain energy from building a team, motivating them and growing together.
- A university degree diploma in a quantitative subject (such as economics, mathematics, actuarial matters or engineering sciences)
- Leadership skills: from vision to strategy, from inspiration to communication skills.
- You are proactive, open-minded and assertive.
- Strong communication skills. You have a convincing and transparent way of communicating. You are good at distinguishing between primary and secondary issues. You create clarity to your team and are able to use your insights to support NN senior management in their strategic decisions.
- You have strong work experience, with a preference for implementing and analysing the actuarial valuations of life insurance products.
- You are interested in data management and analysis.
- You speak and write fluent English and are willing to learn Dutch or French.
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave and 5 days of additional leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.