NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Team Leader Actuarial Control at NN?
As Team Leader, you will be part of the Financial & Insurance Risk Management team, which is responsible for managing the risks inherent to NN’s insurance business. The team focuses on analysing and controlling movements in NN’s portfolio of insurance obligations. You will be responsible with the team for analysing monthly movements in decay, death and disability, as well as gauging them against actuarial expectations. You will also ensure that premiums and payouts are in line with actual movements on the policy. You will share your insights with senior management and discuss discrepancies with the sales and/or claims handling teams involved. The results obtained will subsequently be incorporated into NN’s accounting results and statutory reporting (NBB, FSMA & Assuralia). To enable all calculations to be carried out as efficiently and correctly as possible, you will be frequently involved in major change projects within NN that affect the financial reporting chain and underlying technical systems.
- As team leader, you will provide direction for a team of highly motivated specialists, with the focus on working together proactively and optimising processes. Your management methods will contribute to the growth of the team, both individually and as a group.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the team.
- You will assess ways of working and advise and improve methods by making an active contribution to improvement projects that often extend further than just the operation of the team.
- You will share your expertise with your team and encourage them to grow and develop. You will develop the objectives of the strategy for the Actuarial control team. Based on this vision, you will develop and coach the team to achieve these objectives.
- In conjunction with your team you will advise NN’s senior management by reporting to them about opportunities for improving the processes and delivering data, as well as by identifying additional enhancements in forecasting.
- You will monitor the regulations and standards that apply in the sector, in particular Solvency II, IFRS4/17, Belgian GAAP, etc. The advice that you provide about the accuracy of the results will be used to reflect NN’s results correctly, as well as to make adjustments where necessary.
- Working with your team you will also handle the monitoring and reporting of the portfolio in relation to reinsurance, while helping the modelled results (obtained based on the actuarial cashflow models) to be in line with actual results.
- You will work regularly with various departments within NN Belgium, such as Liability Valuation, Finance, Pricing and the IT & customer service teams involved, as well as internationally with colleagues from NN Group.
What do you have to offer as Team Leader Actuarial Control ?
You will provide a blend of managerial skills and expertise. You will direct a team of experts, enabling them to grow further. You will gain energy from building a team, motivating them and growing together.
- A university degree diploma in a quantitative subject (such as economics, mathematics, actuarial matters or engineering sciences)
- Leadership skills: from vision to strategy, from inspiration to communication skills.
- You are proactive, open-minded and assertive.
- Strong communication skills. You have a convincing and transparent way of communicating. You are good at distinguishing between primary and secondary issues. You create clarity to your team and are able to use your insights to support NN senior management in their strategic decisions.
- You have strong work experience, with a preference for implementing and analysing the financial movements of life insurance products.
- You are interested in data management and analysis.
- You speak and write fluent English and either Dutch or French.
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave and 5 days additional leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.