NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Software Solution Architect at NN?
We are seeking a Software Solution Architect for our IT delivery organisation who has a passion for change in the field of IT. You will be part of our IT delivery team, which designs, develops and runs all of the application chains for NN Belgium. The team is divided into various domains with an end-to-end business focus. One of these domains might be a chain that focuses on business, such as finance and risk processes, featuring an end-to-end process from portal to administration systems for customers, document handling processes for operations, etc.
As our future Software Solution Architect, you will be part of an agile IT delivery domain with a specific business focus. On the one hand, you will be expected to understand the enterprise architecture with its principles and then translate these into your own specific domain. Then, on the other hand, you will provide specific domain input to help give direction to the enterprise architecture. It will be your responsibility to make the domain architecture within your team understandable. In doing so, you will support analysts in translating business needs into practical solutions that are in accordance with the guidelines. Ultimate responsibility for the conformity of implementations lies with you. You will be an active member of the architecture team and work closely with the Domain IT Lead, Enterprise Architect, Security officer and the scrum teams within your domain.
As a Software Solution Architect, you know all about translating architecture into practical technical solutions:
- You’ll go the extra mile for our customers and will be involved in constantly improving operations.
- You will play an active role in translating company/ IT strategy into enterprise target architecture.
- You will need to be up to date with the security policy and know how to translate and implement it in practical terms.
- You will actively seek cooperation with the other IT delivery domains and business stakeholders.
- You have a clear grasp of what is and what is not possible from the architecture and how to apply it.
- You have a passion for your domain and are up to date with the technical developments in that domain.
- You are proactive in keeping your knowledge and skills up to date. You continue to develop yourself and in doing so are willing to take less experienced software analysts with you on your journey.
We are looking for someone to come and make the difference - and that someone could be you!
Our ideal candidate has at least 7 years’ experience in a complex IT environment as a software solution architect with an insurance company. You hold a relevant master’s degree and have a reputation as a passionate IT professional with a sharp eye for delivering practical business solutions. This means you are able to fall back on a strong technical background (technology, IT platforms, LCM, architecture, connectivity, security & risk) in relation to your domain.
- You are familiar with architectural principles (application, data, integration), patterns, best practices, etc.
- You have previously worked on application integrations and transformation processes; you are also used to keeping track with security and compliance guidelines
- You want to make an impact and leave your mark in the domain in order to promote architecture
- You are eager to learn and also willing to share your own knowledge with others
- Your experience with architecture developments took place within an agile environment
- You have fluent spoken and written Dutch/French and English .
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave and 5 days of additional leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.