NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Legal Advisor at NN?
As Legal Advisor in our organisation, you will be part of a tight-knit and enthusiastic team of people who have a great deal of combined expertise. Ours is a transversal legal department at NN, so you can expect to be involved in a range of different topics and legal matters within the insurance sector.
- To analyse a variety of legal questions in the context of the activities of the life insurance company and its strategic development. These questions relate to the interpretation or application of various sets of laws with which the company is required to comply (insurance law, as well as legal doctrine and jurisprudence, circulars from the regulatory authorities, economic law, GDPR, distribution, tax matters, competition law, etc.);
- You will also be responsible for answering ad hoc legal questions from management and the company’s operating departments and, if necessary, for maintaining contacts with specialist law practices;
- To draft or draw up contracts (subcontracting, distribution, commercial partnerships);
- To work on the development of (new) life insurance products (drafting/validating contractual documents/advertising material);
- To take part in meetings (Assuralia, commercial partners);
- To provide support with the management of complaints and disputes.
What do you have to offer as Legal Advisor?
- You have a Master’s degree in Law and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an attorney with a reputable firm or as a corporate lawyer in the financial sector;
- Expertise in insurance law would be a major plus and affinity with the life insurance sector is a minimum requirement;
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills in Dutch, French and English;
- You are an inquisitive person and interested in gaining knowledge about all matters relating to the business of an insurance company and its strategy;
- You are structured, analytical and good at producing decisive summaries;
- You have a sense of discretion and have good verbal and written skills;
- You are solutions-oriented, pragmatic, dare to take the initiative and are able to adjust to changing circumstances.
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.