NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Lead Front-end Developer at NN?
As a Lead Front-end Developer you will be part of the one of the scrum teams in the Domain Multichannel. This domain delivers the API integration layer, APIs and webapps as being the future technical heart of our organization. You will take the lead within the Domain Multichannel when it comes to Front-end Develop-ment. You support and advise with your expert knowledge your colleagues, but also the Domain IT Lead in the decisions that need to be taken in this area.
- As an enthusiastic developer you analyze, propose and implement the architecture of our NN Az-ure environment.
- Within the spirit of DevOps you will automate the solutions in order to spend minimal time on maintenance and deployments.
- Keywords within your scrum team are security, CI/CD, compliance and maintainability of the Azure platform.
- As a lead, you are a professional role model for your team members. Let them grow in the do-main, in knowledge, in competencies.
- You are driven threw investigation and integration of cloud technologies and finding technical so-lutions
The IT Multichannel domain is designing, building and running all application chains for NN. The team is known for their agile delivery. The team consists of around 40 internal and external colleagues who are working in scrum teams.
What do you have to offer as Lead Front-end Developer?
- Master (Science degree in Information Systems), or related with experience.
- Over 5 years of experience as senior front developer .
- You are driven by building and maintaining web apps in React on a cloud environment
- Knowledge and experience with NodeJS, HTML, CSS and REST API.
- Webpack, NPM, Jest and Redis Cache are not unknown to you
- Experienced with a DevOps organization and a strong desire to drive lean processes with a focus on automation of IT
- Knowledge of Azure components like Application gateways, Service plans, app services and Moni-tor are an added value
- Knowledge sharing is your nature and you challenge yourself in to keep your knowledge of React and other technical skills up to date.
- Good command of spoken and written English and good French or Dutch
- And last but not least, sense of an open culture, where collaboration and ownership are key
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.