NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Java Developper at NN?
NN Belgium is looking for a Java Developer to strengthen its IT department. This person must be passionate about implementing digital changes and will be responsible for developments that are in line with the company’s guidelines and requirements. He/she will also be involved with the maintenance of our MWP front-end application.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the existing tool in JAVA language, which is a front-end tool used by our brokers.
- You will analyse and resolve incidents.
- You will analyse the company’s need and convert them into technical requirements.
- You will develop new functions.
- You will carry out module tests and integration tests.
- You will support acceptance tests and resolve incidents.
- You will develop and implement database modifications.
- You will carry out coding revisions.
- You will be responsible for the follow-up of the infrastructure and security tasks required by the various projects, including “Life Cycle Management” activities.
- You will propose modifications (online with the budget and deadlines).
What do you have to offer as Java Developper?
You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a complex environment of development and digital support.
- A relevant IT qualification
- An in-depth knowledge of Java 8
- Knowledge of Web Logic
- Knowledge of Oracle Database
- Knowledge of Liferay
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with “Agile” processes.
- Your strong communication skills enable you to work with your team members and solutions architects, as well as convince them to implement your proposals.
- Demonstrable experience with the development and integration of applications.
- Knowledge of and affinity with the insurance sector is a bonus.
- You are eager to learn and want to share your knowledge with others.
- French, Dutch and English language skills are a must.
- A highly passionate IT professional with strong technical knowledge (technology, IT platforms, LCM, architecture, connectivity, security & risk) and are up to date with all the latest trends.
- You are willing to exceed yourself in order to implement a technical concept and solutions for customers and users, because their comfort is what you aim to achieve.
- Willing to share your technical know-how with others and are able to explain things in simple terms to sales staff and other co-workers who have no technical knowledge.
- A technical consultant for the members of the “Agile” team.
- Interested in finding out more about new trends and technologies, and you are committed to fine-tuning all of your knowledge and constantly learning about the latest updates.
- Flexible and creative for the implementation of new ideas.
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.