NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Enterprise Architect at NN?
NN Belgium offers financial services that fit for your life: building up a nice pension and protection in case of disability and death. Our strategy is to be personal, relevant and digital for its customers. This requires an IT landscape that makes this possible. We are looking for an Enterprise Architect that will make this happen.
- You will surprise us with your proven record in building/guiding a future proof, reliable and innovative landscape for a middle sized insurance company.
- As a high performing individual, you have significant experience in software technologies and cloud enabled infrastructures. Based on our strategy you are able to present a clear vision on our future IT landscape. A legacy landscape will not hold you back and challenges you to present smart solutions to guide us towards a more sustainable landscape.
- The agile way of working in combination with DevOps responsibilities are common for you. You know what it takes to transform the landscape according to Agile in a step by step approach.
- Furthermore you are responsible for the stakeholder management throughout the organization.
- As an enterprise architect you report to the CIO and you are part of the leadership team within IT. The IT team is known for its Scaled Agile delivery.
- You will work closely together with other Enterprise architects within NN-Group to align the IT landscape across units. And also with the various solution IT architects within NN Belgium.
What do you have to offer as Enterprise Architect?
- Experience in the insurance industry; Preferably you started as a developer, and you have evolved into architecture, so you understand an IT landscape and know how to change it step by step.
- A Master of Science degree in Information Systems, related degree; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A strong proactive personality with strong communication skills to build a relation with fellow NN IT managers and business around the different fields.
- A proven record in building and giving direction for a future proof, reliable and landscape for a medium sized organization.
- A proven record in guiding Agile teams in a Safe environment. Experienced with an agile delivery organization.
- Knowledge of infrastructure (hardware, database, application servers etc.) and cloud providers e.g. AWS, AZURE.
- A very good oral and written command of English, and you are willing to learn Dutch or French.
- Leadership experience is a pro.
- Strong desire to drive lean processes with a focus on automation of IT.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills.
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave and 5 days of additional leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and online sport lessons are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.